2886 AISLink Personal AIS Man Overboard Beacon
Advanced Automatic Identification System (AIS) technology comes to the rescue with this compact and affordable man overboard beacon with integrated Digital Selective Calling (DSC) and GPS. Unlike a personal locator beacon, which signals orbiting search and rescue satellites, AISLink sends an alert message within seconds to all local vessels with an AIS receiver and/or AIS-enabled plotter. The DSC alarm on your vessel's VHF can also be signaled.
Seconds count in a man overboard situation. The AISLink MOB automatically activates upon inflation of the lifejacket, sending an initial alert within 15 seconds to all AIS receivers and plotters in the vicinity. Both positioning and MOB emergency messages are transmitted alerting vessels up to 5 miles away of your emergency situation.
Even in moderate seas, it is alarming how quickly a visual sighting of a man overboard can be lost. The AISLink MOB's integrated GPS quickly pinpoints a precise location and transmits this as part of the AIS alert message to all local AIS equipped vessels. The AISLink MOB also has the ability to alert your crew to the emergency by activating the DSC alarm on your vessel's VHF. All AIS receivers and AIS-enabled plotters within a 5-mile radius (dependent on conditions) are alerted, and an integrated high-intensity strobe light assists with accurate positioning even in low light conditions. Powerful lithium metal batteries provide 24+ hours of operational life, and the high-impact housing can withstand a drop to water of 20m.
Note that most modern AIS plotters and DSC VHF units comply with the standards for receiving MOB transmissions. However, it is recommended that you check with your equipment manufacturer to ensure compatibility. DSC functionality may vary - or be disabled entirely - according to the regulations of individual countries.
- Activation Method: Manual or Water Activated
- Range: 4 Nautical Miles
- Transmit Power: AIS - 1 WWatt, DSC - 0.5 Watt
- Frequency: AIS Channel 1 - 161.975 MHz, AIS Channel 2 - 162.025 MHz, DSC 156.525 MHz
- Battery Life: 7 year from date of manufacture or after emergency use (24+ hours operational battery life)
- GPS enabled
- LED Strobe
- Waterproof: 10m (IP68)
- Dimensions: 4.52 x 1.81 x 1.06 inches
- Warranty: 5 years
- Operational Life (Hours): 24+ Hours
- Frequency: 161.975 MHz, 162.025 MHz, 156.525 MHz
- Floats: No
- Built-In Strobe: Yes
- Battery Replacement (Years): 7 Years
- Activation Method: Water/Manual
- Box Dimensions: 2"H x 5"W x 7"L WT: 0.5 lbs
- UPC: 791659028865